Community :: Welcome seniors!
We invite you to discover our Municipality.
West Grey is home to 12,500 residents. This picturesque Municipality is at the crossroads of Highway 6 and County Road 4, a 45 minute drive north of Guelph. To the east, discover artisans producing original paintings and unique crafts. To the west, the architecture takes on an old world charm and is the birthplace of John Diefenbaker, Canada's 13th Prime Minister. West Grey is an age-friendly urban / rural community surrounded by the beauty of nature - forests, wildlife, rivers, rolling hills, awesome sunsets and star-filled nights. Discover West Grey's unique stores, community events, recreational and leisure activities.
The Municipality of West Grey is committed to providing quality service delivery, fiscal responsibility, dedication to customer service and connectivity.
Features of West Grey:
- Hospital & Medical Clinic, Durham
- Friendly downtown shopping areas
- Within 1 hour of major shopping centres
- Well managed roads, water and sanitary systems (in the urban cores)
- Internet readily available with Hotspot locations throughout West Grey
- Library Branches throughout West Grey
- Arenas & large Community Centres & mid-sized or smaller Community Halls
- Well maintained Parks
- Ball diamonds / tennis courts / roller skating year round
- Drive In theatre
- A variety of churches
- West Grey Fire Department
- West Grey Police Services
- Retirement housing choices & area nursing homes
- Active Community & Senior groups
- Saugeen River provides swimming, boating & fishing activities
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 308
- Durham Art Gallery
- Pristine golf courses & resorts in area
- Great walking trails at the Saugeen Valley Conservation Authority
- Community Events & Festivals - there is something going on most weekends!