Government :: Career Opportunities
Career Opportunities with the Municipality of West Grey
New career opportunities will be listed below.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Corporation of the Municipality of West Grey.
Located in Southwestern Ontario, the Municipality of West Grey is an amalgamated municipality, consisting of the former Townships of Bentinck, Glenelg and Normanby, the former Village of Neustadt, and the former Town of Durham. West Grey is the largest municipality in the County of Grey, in terms of geographic area, and has a population of approximately 12,500. West Grey is an age-friendly urban / rural community surrounded by the beauty of nature. The Municipality is committed to providing quality service delivery, fiscal responsibility, dedication to customer service and connectivity.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001 and will only be used for candidate selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Municipality of West Grey will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in any recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Municipality of any accommodations(s) that you may require in respect to any material or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please direct inquiries regarding this position to:
519-369-2200 (227), email@example.com
Wednesday, March 7 2018
Thursday, March 22 2018
Part Time Landfill Attendant Location: Bentinck Landfill Site
The Municipality of West Grey is seeking a responsible individual for a part time position for a Landfill Attendant. Under the supervision of the Director of Infrastructure & Public Works, this position includes working Saturdays, and may include working at other West Grey facilities. This position requires the individual to be responsible for receiving and organizing waste and recycling products.
Please submit resume by: 12 pm, noon Thursday, March 22, 2018
Position: Part Time Landfill Site Attendant
Department: Public Works
Location: Bentinck Landfill
Commencement Date: Mid-April
- Maintains orderliness of site and ensures refuse is disposed of at proper locations
- Assists disabled and frail patrons with unloading of refuse
- Ensures patrons place recycling in proper containers
- Checks all bags to determine recycling or refuse confirmation
- Monitors overall safety of the public at the landfill site
- General site cleanup
- Reviews the various recycling sites to remove improper placed materials
- Operation of Computer and Scale software
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License
- CSA approved foot wear
- Police background check
- Be able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions including physical activity ? Work independently
- Proven initiative and attention to detail
- Strong communications skills and ability to deal tactfully with the public
- Good computer skills
Hours of Work:
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every Saturday