Government :: Municipal Elections 2018 :: By-Election 2018
A By-election will take place in West Grey & Hanover for Bluewater District School Board Trustee (English Public-School Board Trustee)
WEST GREY, Monday September 10, 2018
- On August 20,2018, Candidate, Paisley E. Cozzarin, submitted a notice to the Office of the Clerk for the Municipality of West Grey that they are no longer an eligible candidate for the office of English Public School Board Trustee as of August 27,2018.
- The date of the by-election must be announced in accordance with Section 65 of the Municipal Elections Act.
- On Monday September 10, 2018, at it’s Special Meeting of Council, the Council of the Municipality of West Grey passed By-law 97-2018, being a By-law to Authorize a 2018 By-Election for the Contest of English School Board Trustee for Bluewater District School Board. This announcement signals the start of the by-election period.
- The by-election must be held 45 days following the close of the Nomination Period.
- The by-election for the position of Bluewater District School Board Trustee (English Public-School Board Trustee) - Municipality of West Grey and Town of Hanover representative, has been called for Friday November 23,2018.
- The nomination period will begin on Monday, September 10, 2018, with the last day and time for filing being Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 2:00 pm.
- The voting period runs from 10:00 am on November 20th, 2018 to 8:00 pm on November 23rd, 2018.
Mark Turner, Clerk/Deputy Returning Officer
519.369.2200 ext. 229