Government :: Departments :: Administration
|Address:||402813 Grey Rd 4, RR 2 Durham ON N0G 1R0|
The principal duties assigned in the capacity as the Clerk of the Municipality of West Grey include:
- Preparation of Council/Committee of the Whole Agendas/Minutes; and many municipal by-laws;
- Carry out much of Council business/direction from Council/Committee of the Whole meetings; and ensure Council/Committee meetings adhere to the Council/Committee procedural by-law, in conjunction with the Mayor;
- Act as Planning/Zoning Administrator, and Secretary-Treasurer of the West Grey Committee of Adjustment, and Secretary of the West Grey Planning Advisory Committee. Prepare all planning agendas and minutes. Main contact person for property owners, real estate developers, and solicitors, regarding proposed severances, minor variances, zoning by-law amendments, and official plan amendments. All planning applications are submitted to this department for review to determine completeness, and then processed for public meetings and notices of decision. The contracted Municipal Planner is under the Clerk's supervision and reports when planning matters are delegated to him. Assist in the administration/drafting of site plan/development/subdivision agreements. Complete Zoning Compliance Letters requested by solicitors and other individuals;
- Returning Officer for Municipal/School Board Elections - responsible for conduct of municipal elections, and also English Public and Separate School elections as West Grey has highest population of English Public/Separate School electors in its municipal groupings. Responsible for hiring and training approximately 70 election staff, and for completion of Municipal Elections Procedural Manual for West Grey.
- Supervise and liaise with Canine Control Officer, Livestock Valuer, Line Fence Viewers, and handle many inquiries regarding same.
- Co-designated with the CAO/Deputy Clerk as administrator of Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requests.
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities Include: Member of the Community Control Group for Emergency Measures purposes. Acts as Lottery Licensing Officer in the absence of same. Responsible for processing of Tile Drainage Loan applications, and work with the Municipal Drain Superintendent to process municipal drain applications. Attendance at various educational workshops, member conferences/seminars. Directly involved in many purchases of property by the municipality, and disposal of municipal property. Assumes duties of the CAO/Deputy Clerk in the absence of same. Involvement in yearly budget deliberations, and accessibility issues.